13 Athletic Minded Affirmations to Adapt to Your Leadership Style
Sports Psychology is an emerging topic that is becoming more mainstream and acceptable among professional athletes. Much of what is discussed between a sport psychologist and an athlete, or team, focuses on mindfulness, performing under pressure, finding the confidence to take risks, and learning from mistakes. In the workplace, we struggle to lead ourselves and others over these hurdles. We often miss the chance to grow, when, as leaders, we fail to address moments when our direct reports are demonstrating anxiety about their tasks.
Developing leaders who adopt the mental practices athletes use not only improves their productivity, but also strengthens your ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, push yourself past apprehension into action, and increases your overall self confidence.
Put these athletic minded affirmations into practice and increase the success of your whole organization.
- Your potential is limitless only you set boundaries on your success
- Always assume full responsibility of your actions
- Seek to be the best at what you do
- Find a role-model who exemplifies the skills and character you aspire to possess
- Nothing ever goes as planned so stay flexible
- Stay in the present moment
- Develop a warm-up routine that prepares you mentally and physically for any challenge ahead
- Seize the opportunity in front of you, it may only show itself once
- Push yourself and your team beyond what is believed to be possible
- Listen to your teammates with an open mind but act on your final instincts
- Wins and losses are a byproduct of the process; focus on the process
- Learn from a loss; do not dwell on it
- Celebrate success and find a way to replicate it
If you believe in yourself have dedication and pride and never quit, you’ll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards.
-Paul “Bear” Bryant
Interested in learning how some of leaderships top thought leaders manage to accomplish more tasks in less time? Visit www.leadershiplivecast.com to register today for The Ken Blanchard Companies next free event “Doing Still More with Less” on April 24th.